|Crispy Cheese & Bacon Clouds with Assorted Veggie Art|
It's also a great idea to have some pre-cut veggies like cherry tomatoes, celery & carrot sticks, capsicum strips and some fermented veggies out so the kids can make some veggie art on their plate with the Crisply clouds for a creative activity that's then rewarded as a delicious meal for breakkie or lunch!
The options are endless!
You will need:
- 1 portion of My Heart Beets 3 ingredient batter
- diced bacon (or onions & mushrooms for Vegetarian option)
- grated organic cheese (optional)
- Assorted veggies cut into small pieces (cherry tomatoes, celery, carrots, radish, cucumber)
- Some fermented veggies (optional)
- Ghee for frying
- Make the batter as per instructions. You will need a pouring consistency just thicker than a crepe batter so add water if needed
- Melt 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan on medium high, if the bacon is fatty, reduce the ghee to 1tsp as the bacon fat will melt but you will need the oil to make the batter crispy so don't skimp too much!
- Depending on the size of your pan (I can make 3 at a time), take about a tbsp of bacon (or onions/mushroom) per 'cloud' and lightly fry in the ghee
- Divide into 1 tbsp portions in the pan
- Gently pour the batter over the bacon (or onions & mushrooms)
- Reduce the heat to medium low
- Allow the batter to cook through low and slow, there should be some fat to make it sizzle and crisp up
- When it is a nice crispy golden brown underneath, flip it over to brown the other side
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on the top (if using)
- Plate and allow the kids to create a little veggie artwork with their 'clouds'
Hope you enjoy! Please leave a comment if you do! xx