|Add caption2 Ingredient Anti-Aging Facial Mask|
I'm not sure if this happens to everyone, but both bananas and avocados seem to be fine one day then overripe the next, so it's also a good way to use them up. If avocados are out of season or too expensive you can simply make a one ingredient brightening facial mask with just banana (see here).
The great thing is that you can use this as often as you like, and if you have a baby starting solids at home, it is a wonderful food to start them off on and you can steal a tablespoon for your face before or after you feed them ;)
You also don't need a lot, so you can reserve a slice of avocado from your meal and add a small piece of banana. You will be taking care of your outsides as well as nourishing your insides!
|2 Ingredient Anti-Aging Facial Mask|
2 Ingredient Anti-Aging Facial Mask
You will need:
- 1cm slice of avocado
- 1cm slice of banana
- mash both ingredients together to form a smooth paste
- apply to face and neck
- leave for 15 minutes, if you can take the time to lay down and place some sliced cucumbers on your eyes
- feel free to add some honey or yoghurt to boost the mask properties
- yoghurt contains high amounts of lactic acid known to refine pores, exfoliate the skin and stimulate collagen production.
- honey helps the skin stay soft and moisturised
- use a damp cloth to remove the mask
- if you have more time, don't throw the banana skin away, you can apply the banana skin to the forehead for further anti-wrinkle treatment
- I like to dab some coconut oil around my eyes and lips afterwards and I moisturise with a couple of drops of rose hip oil (buy it here)
Thanks for visiting, feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions :)