|5 Incredible Uses for Banana Peels that really work|
1. Insect bite relief - instead of reaching out for some SOOV or other itch cream, use the inside of a banana peel to soothe the itch. This works amazingly well. It relieves the itch only, my welts were still there but it was good not to scratch and make the area more inflamed and irritated.
2. Anti-wrinkle / ageing treatment - after cleansing or apply the inside of the peels to your forehead. I have a one ingredient facial mask recipe here, using just mashed banana which instantly brightens and moisturises dull skin. I use this mask about 3 times a week and finish off with the peel. I will tell you in about 10 years how the peel goes ;) but the mask works really well and instantly brightens the skin!
3. Instant shoe polisher - ever needed a quick shine on your leather shoes before you step out of the door? just rub the inside of the banana peel. This totally works! (just don't use it on nubuck, suede or matt/grain leather)
4. Ripen a hard avocado - I grew up knowing this trick, so it's probably not news to many, but you basically place the avocado with a ripe banana in a paper or sealed bag and leave overnight (you can then also try my 2 ingredient anti-aging facial mask made from banana and avocado here :) The banana peel release ethylene which induces ripening of the avocado (or other fruit) so it's best to keep bananas separate from your main fruit bowl!
5. Leave on the floor for your husband to slip on, sorry I mean in your garden soil about 1 - 2 inches deep (chopped into pieces) to repel pests such as aphids. The banana peels decompose pretty quickly too which will fertilise the garden.
|Banana one ingredient facial mask recipe|
- 2 Ingredient fluffy pancakes
- Nut Free & Grain Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- Frozen Yoghurt Cups
- No Bake Banana Slice
- Frozen Banana Bites
|2 Ingredient fluffy pancakes|