|Bolognese Cucumber Boats|
These Bolognese Cucumber Boats are perfect as a complete nutritions meal, topped with probiotic rich fermented veggies for a superboost of goodness.
Hope you and the kiddos enjoy!
Bolognese Cucumber Boats
You will need:
- 1 cup of ready made bolognese sauce heated and cooled slightly
- approximately 20 baby cucumbers
- some fermented veggies (I used fermented purple cabbage and carrot, see here on the recipe page for some fermented vegetable recipes)
- Wash and dry cucumbers
- Slice the top of the cucumber off lengthways and remove the seeds (save them for juicing or a salad)
|Slice the top of the cucumber lengthways and remove the seeds|
- Add some warmed (not piping hot) bolognese sauce to each cucumber boat
|Add some bolognese sauce to each cucumber|
- Top with some fermented veggies (ensure the bolognese sauce is not piping hot as it will kill off the probiotics in the fermented veggies and can burn little hands and mouths)
|Top with fermented veggies for a nutritious probiotic boost|
Love, create, explore & inspire <3